音效卡的問題在此討論。

版主: DearHoney

回覆文章
kikiki
初學者
文章: 2
註冊時間: 2001-09-03 08:00

文章 kikiki »

全文大致上說,Creative 宣佈 Audigy在 Windows 2000/XP 上使用時,有機會發出怪邦聲後死機,而這是隨機發生,更不限晶片組或cpu。(就像在電腦裝計時炸彈。)
現在原因仍不知是驅動程式或硬體設計上出現問題。

http://www.extremetech.com/

February 4, 2002
Creative Audigy's "Squeal of Death" Locks Up PCs

By: Mark Hachman
Total posts: 6

Creative Technology Ltd.'s latest Audigy sound cards seem to be plagued by an elusive "squeal of death" that is causing random lockups in PCs using the card and the latest Windows operating systems.
The error was reproduced Friday at the company's Singapore headquarters, as well as at Creative's testing and support facility in the U.S. So far, Creative has neither identified a cause for the glitch nor a single unified solution to work around the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

The problem has been characterized as "severe," according to representatives at Creative.

The bug seems to lurk only in the interaction between the Audigy and either the Windows 2000 or Windows XP operating systems. After several minutes of normal operation, the screen will freeze with either several shrill beeps or a prolonged screech, forcing the PC to be rebooted.

No single operation seems to cause the problem; MP3 playback will cause the error on one machine, while others have found that a certain game, not MP3s, cause the glitch. The problem has even occurred on demo software Creative has shipped with the card, according to a poster on Dell's support site. The bug has not affected PCs running Windows ME.

"We have not been able to really isolate what is really causing the problem," said Mala Sharma, a representative of Creative's brand management team in Milpitas, Calif.

However, Sharma said that it appears to be a bus resource issue, such as when too many applications attempt to access the card.

Sharma said that, so far, "less than 50" calls have been received by the Oklahoma technical support facility, and possibly up to another 50 by support staff in the United Kingdom and Europe. Still, the bug has prompted hundreds of postings on Creative's support site in the U.K. alone. An online petition asking for better support from Creative has also been created.

On Monday, Creative added the bug to its "Knowledge Base," and advised users to update their drivers and check the card's available resources.

Dell Computer Corp., Round Rock, Tex., has also received complaints from users who have added an after-market Audigy card to the Dimension 4100, 4300, and 8300 lines, among others. Dell currently only sells Creative's SoundBlaster Live! line of sound cards, which has not been affected by the "squeal of death". A Dell representative in Round Rock, Tex., said he had no knowledge of the issue.

"I think the problem would be (in) the drivers," wrote 'hkwk', a poster on the Creative U.K. site, who said he had installed Windows 2000, XP and ME on his computer and found only the ME OS was free of the bug. "I tried to install the beta version on the link above, reinstalling the driver, update the BIOS, reinstalling the windows, almost everything. But the problem still exists. What I want to know is how to fix this, and how come creative lab (sic) wouldn't notice this problem?"

Other posters have noted that the bug doesn't seem tied to a particular microprocessor or chipset.

Creative hasn't acknowledged the bug as a driver problem, but has come up with a laundry list of potential solutions, including: changing the card's PCI slot; turning off the PC's ACPI power management; using the DirectSound plugins for WinAmp, an MP3 player; reinstalling WinAmp; and, finally, getting the Audigy replaced. One user adjusted the settings of his parallel port and was able to eliminate the squealing sound and the lockups.

Some users have also taken the bizarre step of running two Creative sound cards, a SoundBlaster Live! and Audigy card, in the same system. Others have purchased and installed a 3COM 3C905C-TX network interface card, which has seemed to eliminate the squeal.

Sharma said that Steve Erickson, Creative's vice-president in charge of consumer audio products, had been notified of the problem. "I'm sure since the vice-president has been notified, that the engineering team will have all the resources they need to solve the problem," she said.

Of course, no solution will be timely enough for some frustrated users, who have reported problems since late November. "Oh well, the time has come to forget all Creative products for good," wrote one. "And yes I do mean it - plenty of working sound cards out there!"

<!-- Edit Notice Start -->

<font size=-1>[ 這篇文章在 2002-02-06 11:10 被 kikiki 編輯過 ]</font><!-- Edit Notice End -->
Oracle
大師
文章: 162
註冊時間: 2002-01-06 08:00
來自: Flute

文章 Oracle »

我好像也被炸過 突然喇叭出現刺耳的聲音
當然也就當機了三 四次了
不知是否就是驅動程式的問題
GPF
神人
文章: 238
註冊時間: 2001-12-02 08:00

文章 GPF »

我也被炸過2、3次...
原來是Audigy的問題.

My System is
TUSL2 + Pentium!!!-S 1.4GHz

之前用P2B-f也遇過,
我還以為是440BX太老舊的關係...
沒想到換了815EP後還是一樣.

希望可以從driver解決.

<font size=-1>[ 這篇文章在 2002-02-06 20:51 被 GPF 編輯過 ]</font><!-- Edit Notice End -->
winglun
初學者
文章: 8
註冊時間: 2001-12-27 08:00

文章 winglun »

[b01]

me no problem woo
頭像
jiahsuan
初學者
文章: 6
註冊時間: 2001-07-04 08:00

文章 jiahsuan »

[b13] [b13] [b13]
基本上我推測就是硬體問題!不過創新死也不會承認!
他們又不像英特爾那麼財大氣粗,搞回收虧死囉!
dav1530
初學者
文章: 11
註冊時間: 2002-02-02 08:00
來自: 台北

文章 dav1530 »

使用win me也會有這種問題~看來只有用98應該會比較好吧! [b09]
頭像
nightmare
神人
文章: 800
註冊時間: 2001-01-04 08:00
來自: 木星連合
聯繫:

文章 nightmare »

似乎在某些特定條件下才會發生這個問題,起碼我都是 24hrs 開機,沒遇過這個問題,用的還是 via 的晶片組(KT266A)......
GPF
神人
文章: 238
註冊時間: 2001-12-02 08:00

文章 GPF »

我印象中之前死當都是玩3D game IDE or NIC同時有I/O動作,
而且Audigy此時正在發聲...
例如玩game存檔..
之前光玩W8就死過兩次...

以前用SB Live!從來沒遇過這種問題..
是換了Audigy後才發生..

我推測可能跟PCI裝置Bus Master有關..
每個人的介面卡、插的位置都不太一樣..
因此這個問題不是每個人都會遇到..

ps.
我在440BX(P2B-F)跟i815EP(TUSL2-C)上都遇過,
justthinking
神人
文章: 1366
來自: 敗家者天堂
聯繫:

文章 justthinking »

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><FONT COLOR=GREEN>
似乎在某些特定條件下才會發生這個問題,起碼我都是 24hrs 開機,沒遇過這個問題,用的還是 via 的晶片組(KT266A)......
</FONT><!-- BBCode Quote End -->

你沒遇過不表示問題不存在啊..
在怎樣的前題會造成問題都不了解的局面下..
這樣的情況反而讓人更擔心啊..
問題存在是事實..不知道什麼情況/時候會發作..
想到就讓人毛毛的..
愛國心是惡黨們發表不負責任言論的藉口
ricky5.nt
神人
文章: 267
來自: 暗戀桃花源
聯繫:

文章 ricky5.nt »

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><FONT COLOR=GREEN>
我印象中之前死當都是玩3D game IDE or NIC同時有I/O動作,
而且Audigy此時正在發聲...
例如玩game存檔..
之前光玩W8就死過兩次...

以前用SB Live!從來沒遇過這種問題..
是換了Audigy後才發生..

我推測可能跟PCI裝置Bus Master有關..
每個人的介面卡、插的位置都不太一樣..
因此這個問題不是每個人都會遇到..

ps.
我在440BX(P2B-F)跟i815EP(TUSL2-C)上都遇過,

</FONT><!-- BBCode Quote End -->

me2

我市在玩笑傲網路版時.遊戲登入進去後

畫面剛出來時會發生

win me
cusl2-c

平均進去10次.有2-3次.以前用live.就都沒事

[addsig]

<font size=-1>[ 這篇文章在 2002-02-12 10:39 被 ricky5.nt 編輯過 ]</font><!-- Edit Notice End -->
回覆文章